Search this article on Google: Q: What are the requirements and procedures for obtaining a study permit under Section 219 of IRPR in Canada?
Requirements and Procedures for Obtaining a Study Permit under Section 219 of IRPR in Canada
Section 219 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) stipulates the requirements for obtaining a study permit in Canada. Here’s an overview of the key requirements and procedures:
- Acceptance Letter:
- An acceptance letter from a designated learning institution (DLI) in Canada is mandatory for the application of a study permit.
- Proof of Financial Support:
- You must demonstrate that you can financially support your tuition fees, living expenses, and return transportation.
- Clear Criminal Record:
- You should have no criminal record and may be asked to provide a police clearance certificate as proof.
- Good Health:
- Applicants should be in good health and might be required to undergo a medical examination.
- Satisfy an Immigration Officer:
- You must satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your authorized stay.
- Prepare your Application:
- Gather all required documents, including proof of acceptance, proof of identity, proof of financial support and a letter of explanation.
- You can apply either online or on paper. Online applications are usually processed faster.
- Pay the Fees:
- The applicant is required to pay the application fees which include the study permit fee and biometrics fee.
- Submit Biometrics:
- Applicants might need to provide biometrics as part of the application process.
- Wait for Processing:
- After submission, you should wait for your application to be processed. Processing times can vary depending on the volume of applications received.
- Provide Additional Information or Documents:
- During processing, you may need to provide additional information or documents, attend an interview, or undertake a medical examination.
Please consult with a trusted immigration lawyer before proceeding with your application to ensure compliance with all requirements and to increase your chance of success.