This policy applies to all visitors to our website and clients availing themselves of our services.
Our practices are compliant with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), the Privacy Act, and other Canadian provincial laws governing the collection, storage, and dissemination of personal information.
Information We Collect
- Personal Information: Information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, and immigration history when you consult us for legal services.
- Non-Personal Information: Data such as IP addresses, browser types, and access times.
Use of Information
- Legal Services: To provide and improve legal services tailored to your needs.
- Communication: To communicate with you regarding updates or changes in immigration laws.
- Legal Obligations: To comply with legal requirements and court orders.
Your personal information will be shared only under the following circumstances:
- Legal Requirements: When mandated by court orders or legal proceedings ([Smith v. Jones, 2020 SCC 1]).
- Third-Party Services: For the purpose of legal research or analytics, strictly under nondisclosure agreements.
We have implemented technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, loss, or misuse.
We will retain your personal data only for the duration necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this policy unless otherwise mandated by law.
Access, Correction, and Deletion
You have the right to access, correct, or delete your personal information stored by us.
We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time, and the updated version will be available on our website.