Sponsorship for Common-Law Partners or Conjugal Partners

If a couple has been living together in a conjugal relationship for at least one year even without legal civil or religious ceremonial marriage, they are recognized as common-law partners including same-sex partners. The Canadian law considers such couples as legally qualified for immigration if they can provide proper proof of living together continuously for at least 1 year. The immigration officers, in these cases, make a full enquiry into the genuineness of the relationship and it may take lot many documents and proofs to establish the integrity of the relationship.