The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP) is designed for experienced business people who wish to immigrate to Canada and establish, purchase or become partners in a business in Manitoba. To be eligible, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
1. A minimum verifiable personal net worth of CAD 500,000.
2. A minimum of three years of full time work experience in the past five years either as an active business owner or working in a senior management role of a successful business.
3. Business owners are given higher points in comparison to senior managers.
4. Business owners must have at least 33 1/3% ownership to qualify for points.
5. The proposed business must create or maintain at least one job for a Canadian citizen or a Permanent Resident in Manitoba (excluding owners and their family members).
6. A deposit of CAD 100,000 is required if the application is approved.
The process to apply for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program for Business can be outlined in these stages:
1. Exploration Visit: Potential applicants visit Manitoba to research communities and potential business opportunities before submitting their EOI.
2. Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI): An EOI is not an application, it is an online profile and point-based system where points are given for age, language proficiency, work experience, education and adaptability.
3. Invitation to Apply: If the applicant scores enough points, they are invited to submit a full application to the MPNP.
4. Interview with a MPNP officer: Once a complete application is received, an interview will be scheduled after which an assessment will be made and a decision taken on the provincial nomination.
5. Approval and Deposit Agreement: Once approved, the applicant must sign a Deposit Agreement with the Government of Manitoba and provide a deposit of CAD 100,000.
6. Obtain your Permanent Resident Visa: With the provincial nomination certificate, applicant can then apply to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada for a Permanent Resident visa.
7. Arrival and Business Establishment in Manitoba: Within 24 months of landing in Manitoba, the applicant must start or purchase a business in Manitoba.
In conclusion, the MPNP for Business is a beneficial program for immigrants who wish to start a business and settle in Manitoba. However, the process can be complex and requires careful planning and preparation. It’s always recommended to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer to help navigate through this process.