First introduced in 2015, Express Entry is an online system for managing and regulating applications for permanent residency status by skilled workers. Various programs initiated for Express Entry are –
- The Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experience Class
Provincial Nominee Programs (PNP) managed by the governments of various provinces and territories in Canada can nominate and recruit applicants from the Express Entry pool of online applications.
Express Entry program aims to respond to prospective immigrants who want a quick and easy way to immigrate to Canada and start a new life.
This is an “expression of interest” type of application. The program not only quickens the processing time of the immigration file but also includes far wider range of occupations and trade for more wide inclusion. It is hoped that this program will become of the popular program amongst the economic class applicants vying for Canada.
Who can Apply under which Category?
- Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP): The Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP) is an Express Entry pathway where people with various skills can immigrate to Canada based on their educational qualification, work experience, age, adaptability and language proficiency. They need to have an arranged employment to apply under this program.
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP): The Canadian Federal Skilled Trades Class Program (FSTC) is an Express entry immigration system permitting skilled workers across various specified trades to become permanent residents of Canada. This program was initiated in order to acknowledge and honour those engaged in diverse skilled trade occupation and who can benefit from an exclusive program. The applications are assessed to determine the applicant’s training, skills, and the applicant’s ability to remain financially independent in Canada. The applicant has to qualify as per the requirements mentioned in the National occupation Classification System (NOC) that classifies the applicant’s skills under a Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Additionally, the applicant will be required to show a valid proof of a full-time employment offer for at least one year at a stretch. A total of 30 hours work schedule per week is generally admitted as full-time employment. The same also applies on applicants with a part time job or two part-time jobs.
- Self-Employed: Canadian Self-Employed Program targets people who wish to be self-employed in Canada and contribute emphatically to its positive growth on a global platform. It is for those who work independently as musicians, writers, athletes, film makers, photographers etc. Self-employed Persons Program facilitates easy immigration to Canada as permanent residents to people who are self-employed if they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria. The applicants should have appropriate experience as self-employed and should demonstrate keenness to contribute competitively to the cultural activities or athletics of the country. It is also beneficial for agriculturalists seeking to own their own farmlands in Canada.
- Start- Up Visas: The Entrepreneur Start up Visa category under Business Immigration to Canada Program allows you immigration to Canada as a permanent resident. This program is specially designed in a way that it facilitates aspiring entrepreneurial applicants to find the right platform for guidance, support and assistance for establishing their business in Canada. The applicants are required to fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria in order to benefit from this provision.